Thought Leaders from Architecture, Engineering and Construction to Meet at 2016 Bluebeam eXtreme Conference
Bluebeam Users Inspire Technological Change Through Shared Insights and Training at Three-Day Event
Pasadena, CA (Aug 4, 2016)
Industry professionals and thought leaders from top US and global design and construction firms are meeting in San Diego from August 15-17 for the Bluebeam® eXtreme® Conference. Bluebeam, Inc., leading developer of PDF-based annotation and collaboration solutions for the architectural, engineering and construction (AEC) and oil and gas industries, hosts the three-day annual event to provide Bluebeam users with a unique opportunity to come together, share insights, increase their knowledge, and inspire industry-wide change.
"The Bluebeam eXtreme Conference is where the magic happens,” says Nicholas P. Williamson, Project Manager, Gibbs Construction. “This is where people who get excited about technology and digital workflows all come together to learn and feed off each other's energy and experiences."
“The eXtreme Conference is about more than just product demos,” continues Rachel Attebery, Business Technology Analyst, Black & Veatch Corporation. “It is where you interact with others in your field who are solving the same problems as you, and hear case studies about how industry leaders are improving the way we do business."
This year’s conference features over 100 lectures, training sessions, customer panels and case studies demonstrating how to push the limits of digital project communication by using Bluebeam’s solutions. Over 30 of the lectures and sessions are approved for AIA CES Learning Units, providing the opportunity for attendees to earn up to 10 AIA CES Learning Units while they sharpen their skills and learn about best practices from industry leaders. This year’s conference will also feature the return of the Bluebeam eXtreme Awards, honoring the most innovative uses of Bluebeam Revu® on the jobsite in four achievement categories.
The 2016 eXtreme Conference schedule includes:
- Customer case-study presentations from Black & Veatch, Burns & McDonnell, CannonDesign, Barton Malow, NEUF Architect(e)s, McCarthy Building Companies, Dekker/Perich/Sabatini, Jaynes Corporation, Stacy and Witbeck, HH Angus, Brigham Young University, Method Studio, Big-D Construction, BRG, Smartvid.io and SpectrumAEC
- Customer panels discussing topics from improving project coordination, trends in virtual design and construction, and getting buy-in for new technology with representation from C.W. Driver, Core Construction, Power Construction, Stiles Construction, Ryan Companies, Rozas Ward Architects, The Weitz Company, Santa Rita Landscaping, Red Hawk Fire and Security, T.Y. Lin International, Gray Construction, Adrian Smith + Gordon Gill Architecture, CAD-1 and Cal Poly San Luis Obispo
- Featured speaking session with Microsoft Surface senior engineer Pete Kyriacou on the story, idea and engineering behind the Surface tablet computer, as well as how using Revu on a Surface increases efficiency and accuracy on the jobsite
- Four tracks of Bluebeam-led educational sessions—Revu Core, Digital Workflows, Advanced Technologies, and Train the Trainer—for Revu users at all expertise levels
- The Bluebeam eXtreme Awards luncheon, honoring award finalists from The Penta Group, Stantec Consulting, LTD, Walsh Construction, McCarthy Holdings, LLC, Stacy and Witbeck/Atkinson Construction (SWA), HNTB Corporation, Gensler Architecture and Burns Engineering Inc
- The Microsoft Tech Lounge, where attendees can get hands-on experience with Surface Pro 4s and Surface Books and learn from Microsoft experts how to adapt mobile computing solutions to their on-site workflows
- Bluebeam Skills Challenge, a head-to-head competition between conference attendees demonstrating their speed, accuracy and creativity while executing key industry workflows using Revu
- Keynote presentations by Richard Lee, Bluebeam President and CEO, and Dan Goods, Visual Strategist, NASA — Jet Propulsion Laboratory
- A networking reception where industry experts can meet and mingle while enjoying the beautiful views of the San Diego Marina
The 2016 Bluebeam eXtreme Conference and Awards are taking place August 15-17 at the Marriott Marquis in San Diego, CA. For registration and conference information, click here. Registration closes August 5.
Members of the press interested in attending can contact Mark Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org for complimentary passes and additional conference information.
Bluebeam products are sold direct and through a global network of resellers. For more information, visit http://www.bluebeam.com.
About Bluebeam, Inc.
Bluebeam’s innovative desktop, mobile and cloud solutions push the limits of digital collaboration to enable professionals, who work in the most document-intensive industries, to do what they do, better. Bluebeam's award-winning PDF solutions are used by the world’s top architectural, engineering and construction firms, oil and gas companies, manufacturers, government agencies and municipalities to reduce paper usage by more than 85% and to increase productivity by over 60%. The Bluebeam Account Services team and global reseller network have been solving customer challenges in over 100 countries for more than a decade. Visit www.bluebeam.com for more on why Bluebeam is changing the status quo and setting a new standard.